Thursday, June 4, 2009

Passing the point of no return...

I have been waiting for some sort of big, exciting news to share. Unfortunately, our job offer is still unofficial (although we talk with UVU weekly and everything seems to be moving along) and I have no major advances on my dissertation to share. However, we do have a contract on our home! We are selling it to a young couple. They are LDS and will be getting married in late July. Hence the point of no return. With no house, our move back to Utah is now official <insert applause here>. We are still working out the details, but we will probably move to Provo this December, sometime well before Christmas.
Also, and this is really important... tomorrow (Friday, June 5th) is national doughnut day. Most Krispy Kremes around this great nation of ours will be giving a free doughnut to anyone who stops by one of their more than 3,000 locations. I know what you are saying, we have all had our fair share of free glazed doughnuts. The offer is good for any one of their 27 regular varieties OR one of their three current specialty doughnuts. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot! If any of you are in Lubbock tomorrow morning you will find Carrie and I at the Krispy Kreme just off the south loop enjoying a treat on corporate America (our own little bailout if you will). We promise to exercise and work off the extra calories.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congrats on selling the house! (And thanks for the tip about National Doughnut Day...)

Jared said...

I actually did applause when it was requested! And I also go a small weird look from your bird when I randomly hit my hands together loudly! I wish I had read this before doughnut day had passed!! =( We can't wait for you guys to come back up here, so that we can start refilling Utah with Sybrowskys!