Sunday, May 18, 2008

Late nights ... new kitchen

Wow! What a week! We have had a very busy week. Jacob has had a busy couple of weeks. He and some of our friends decided to help each other out with some home improvement projects. So, Jacob has helped build two fences and our friend Hyrum Smith helped Jacob put in a new kitchen floor! Our house looks a million times better. It is amazing what a little kitchen update will do. We have a new floor and we have repainted the kitchen and the "purple room". (So it is no longer the "purple room". We're coming up with another name for it.) This morning when I walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen, I just felt so happy! We still have a little bit more to do. We have to do some touch up paint to the cupboards and so forth. So, we are nearing our kitchen update goal after sleepless nights. We are now trying to decide what to do about recarpeting our house. Anyway! We'll send some pictures of the new updates when we are all finished.

Other stuff, happening-- 2 1/2 weeks left of school for me, and 3 weeks before I leave for the month of June! I am so excited to travel to see family this summer! Saturday I had a little 50 hour reading party with 4 of my students. Then, this Friday is another party with those that have read 75 hours or more. Saturday we had a pizza and movie party and I think the kids favorite part was the fact that they didn't have to wear their uniform. Friday we are all going swimming. Also fun. I think Jacob will be happy when we are done because we also had a sundae party for the kids who have passed off their multiplication tables. He also came to the school to each lunch with some of my kids who had earned it, of course (since I make them earn EVERYTHING pretty much). The kids LOVE Jacob. He taught them a little finance and then a little Korean game. They think he is so cool. One of my kids bought him a lollipop to say thanks for coming--so sweet. So, anyway, things are going well. We are both looking forward to summer, gardening, visiting, long Sunday walks, and an all in all happy summer. We love you guys!

Carrie

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Home improvements sound fantastic! Although I must admit that I'm sad about the purple room no longer being purple. We finally got 2 area rugs this weekend, and I have a little patch of carpet ... which is huge for someone who lives in a cold house and loves bare feet. I also am the proud owner of a new kitchen island, which, when installed, will more than double my amount of counter space. I'm so excited!

I went to church with Jacob's peeps yesterday and thought of you. Garry was assigned to speak in the Korean Branch. I came along for moral support and understood about 15 minutes of the meeting. That would be the part when Garry spoke. His talk took about 40 minutes with translation and all. I did my best to not yawn. But when they blessed the sacramant in Korean, I thought of how much I miss hearing the sacramant blessed in Spanish and wished that Jacob could have been there with us.

Chelsea said...

Hello... are you guys going to be in Utah this summer?

Jacob said...

We will be in Utah for a few days in June (13-15 for me and 10-16 for Carrie) and a few days in August (12-15).

Jared said...

Are you guys going to be able to make it to Jackson??

Jacob said...

We are not going to be able to make it to Jackson this year. But, we will see you in August.