Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hello everyone,
Well I am in Sydney for the summer/winter and it is great to be back. It feels more like summer here right now then Utah does with all of it's snow and cold...in MAY...crazy. Well I thought I'd share some good news with you all. I wrote a research paper this semester in my Book of Mormon class. It was like 14 pages of a lot of hard work and I was grateful for Rebeccas help on it. Well I got it back a little while ago and notice a beautiful 100% written across it! :) As if that wasn't good enough, my professor wrote a note at the bottom saying..."Outstandig paper. I am interveiwing a few students in an attempt to find a research assistant. Would you be interested?" Obviously... I was. So I e-mailed him back a we met and I was a bit nervous that he would say something like... ummm I'm interview 20 people, or half of the class got 100% on the paper. But he told me I was the ONLY student of his who got a 100, he asked me for an electronic version of my paper that he could use, I was one of three who he was interviewing, I was first in line for the job, and the next highest grade was a 94%. I know you are all thinking that there must have only been 20 people in the class, but this was out of 4 classes, 2 RM classes. So I was very grateful about all of those blessings, and very excited for that opportunity to meet with him (oh it's Daniel Judd by the way. So anyways, he e-mailed me the morning I was leaving for Sydney and let me know that I had the job if I wanted it. So watch out Rebecca and Jacob because I am slowly but surely gaining the title of "the smart one in the family" Haha...just kidding. Just thought I would share my exciting news with the family. So it looks like I will be back at BYU Fall semester with a pretty cool but hard job. But I'm excited for it!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations little sister! I think it's awesome. Uh, and awkward ...

Jacob said...

Keep polishing those skills bean, I'll have a dissertation to edit in a few months and I think you may owe me a favor.

Carrie Sybrowsky said...

I wasn't aware that Jacob was on the smart list in the family. Thanks for letting me know. :) Just kidding! That's awesome about the job! Enjoy your time in Australia and we hope to see you sometime this summer!

Jacob said...

Not only did I make the list, but I'm in the top two!

Carrie Sybrowsky said...

Wow!

Chelsea said...

Ok firstly to Rebecca... why is it awkward? And second to Jacob... why do I owe you a favor? I might owe you a favor, I'm not saying I dont, but I'm just asking why I do. Thirdly to Carrie... I have heard Jacob reffered to as one of the smart ones, but seriously, I'm moving up there so WATCH OUT!

Jacob said...

How about the help in your personal finance class. I'll be cashing that in at dissertation time.