Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chelsea's Adventure

This will be short because most of you may not have even read my last, but today was great! Everyday I spend here, I am more and more convinced about how well established the chirch is here in China. In Hong Kong, Chelsea and I were blessed to be able to do baptisms, while mom and dad did some cealings, we've met many missionarys, and the church meeting today was well attended (American, not Chineese.) Then a President Toronto (related to dads mission pres.) took us to see the spot where David O Mackay dedicated China to the work of the Lord. We were even able to talk to our tour guide a little about the church, even though we could get in legal trouble because of it. The Chineese people are interested about the church. They want the same advantages as the Americans have but, back to Pres. Mackay. He dedicated China in a place in the forbiden city. We walked there, and on the way, a lady came and began speaking to Chelsea. Pres. Toronto explained she wanted a picture with chelsea because of her "blonde" hair! It was so funny. But we had to get out of that part because more people were going to come and ask for pictures with the blonde haired girl. We proceded to the spot that was dedicated and found many many people there. It was a match making convention!! Can you beleive that!! Chelsea was looked at by many many people, but we wouldn't settle for anything less than eight cows (Jonny Lingo!) Also, most of the people who were being matched were born in the 1970's, not a great match for Chelly. It's been a great day, but so so hot and so much walking! I can't wait to go to bed.

7 comments:

Jacob said...

Dad, I did a quick calculation and found that based on 8% inflation over 20 years since Jonny Lingo came out you should accept no less than 37.29 cows for Chelsea. Anything over that is a good deal and should be considered. You may want to seek a small extra premium for the hair. I can also do some exchange rate calculations if you would like.

Jacob said...

Also, at a rate of 275 chickens to one cow, along with a 15% SARS adjustment, you could accept 11,792.96 chickens. Just a thought.

Jared said...

From Chelsea,
I'm glad you have done your research on how valuble I really am!

Jared said...

I compleatly agree Jacob, we will not acsept less than that!

Jared said...

Actually, can we do a little mix and matching? Because I really don't want that many cows, nor do I want that many chickens, but I'd like some of both. Is that possible?

Jacob said...

Yes, that is possible, although I'll have to make an excel sheet to show the various combinations of chickens and cows. I'll get right on it. I'm assuming that this deal needs to happen while you are still in China.

Jared said...

It would be good to have it done while still in China, but not completely necessary. I'm sure we can package up Chelsea. Although, shipping chickens will be less expensive than cows...