Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blue Mountains


Buenos Dias mi familia! We've just arrived from the Blue Mountains after the Mission Presidents Seminar. It was a lot of fun! We stayed in a very nice hotel called Lilianfels. I think most of you have been to it. I came up on Thursday and stayed until Saturday. I got to meet with the Mission Presidents and the Area 70's who came and then mom and Dad and I had fun! We went on some mild hikes around the "Mountains" (They really are more like canyons) and we ate at a very fun chocolate place, then dad and I played a game of pool in their very British "Billiards Room" just before dinner. It was great. We hired two movies from the Hotel, I Robot, and Sleepless in Seattle. We tried to watch them at night but that proved futile so we watched them in the mornings. There is a Super Trip in the makings for around 2016 where we will all probably come down here so I bet you can all look forward to seeing all this then, if not before. Congrats Chelsea for the high grade on your first exam! Congrats Carrie for her garden achievements, and Jacob for his ESPN bracket ranking! Everyone else who reads this, I congratulate you for all you've recently done or plan to do, or just for being you!! We love you all and look forward to seeing Josh and Sarah and the kids here around the beginning of May, and Chelsea on the 1st of May, and Kristen and Jason and the kids later in May. Anyone else who wants to come down, please do!! c ya soon,
love,
Jared

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jared!!! It sounds like you had a fantastic time in the Blue Mountains. I love that place. And I'm excited about the "super trip" in 2016?!? Sounds really cool. It was so fun to see you in Utah. And I'm excited to see you again in a few months. Sadly, I don't think that I'll be coming back to visit you in Aussie land.

Rebecca said...

P.S. Congrats to you on your fantastic audition with Mr. Larsen ... ACapella and Madrigals! Fantastic! I've been saying that you and David Archuleta remind me of each other ...

Chelsea said...

Thank you for the congrats. I was so flippin happy! I leave in 9 days... weird. I am excited though! Whoo!

Jacob said...

Sounds like you had fun. I'm happy to say that we've been there, twice. But, we didn't stay there. Perhaps we will next time. It will be nice to have so many visitors in May.

Carrie Sybrowsky said...

Have fun in May! It sounds like it is going to be great! We are excited to see you guys in May too! Just kidding. One could only wish!

Jared said...

Carrie, you got me so excited!! Just come and surprie us down here! Call in sick for a week or two!