Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello everyone!

Hey guys! Not too much is happening around here. Jacob is getting ready to finish up this semester. Hooray! Only 1 1/2 years left!!! We are so excited. Next year around this time we will probably have a good idea as to where we are going next. Life has a way of taking turns that you don't expect, so it will be interesting. One thing that happened this year that was so awesome for Jacob is that he was awarded the Graduate Instructor of the Year Award. He is really excited and I am very proud of him. I think he is most excited about the award because he gets a little money for it. Just kidding. Actually one of the most exciting parts is the professor that he has had the most difficulty with is one of the professors that nominated him. Kind of neat. Anyway! Congrats to Jacob!

This past week has been good. Tonight we went to a temple worker fireside. Talk about INCREDIBLE!!!! Our temple president gave the best talk I have ever heard on the Savior. Now, I didn't hear the talk by Elder McConkie, the last talk he gave at General Conference about the Savior, but I have read it and I kind of imagine Elder McConkie's talk to be like President Hendricks talk tonight. It was a great night.

Visitors Welcome. Also, we are currently taking reservations for the Sybrowsky Hotel in Lubbock this summer if you would like to sign up. There are a lot of interesting and fun things to do here. We'd love to have anyone come out. The Agriculture museum and the Windmill museum are waiting!

We hope that everyone is doing well. We are excited to see some of you throughout the summer, maybe!
Love you all!
Jacob & Carrie

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

CONGRATS! Jacob... good job little brother. I am so proud of you. I would love for you to pencil me in for some museum tours this summer... I'll have to talk to mom and dad about our plans and find out when we could come!

Rebecca said...

JACOB--That's aweseom, seriously so awesome. Congratulations!

And are you done yet? Hopefully, you're enjoying some lovely time off and getting a little R&R. Glad to know that there are stil some vacancies at Hotel Sybrowsky in Lubbock ... the museums sound oh so exciting. This actually sholdn't be our summer for travel as grad school expenses are looming and gas prices are soaring, but we'll keep it in mind for the future.

Jared said...

CONGRATULATIONS JACOB!!!! That is so so cool! And AMEN to Carrie's sentence about life taking unexpected turns!!! Sounds like availability is going fast, but I'd really love to come down to Lubbock some time soon. If not this summer, (as it may be crazy with the move) maybe in the fall some time! I'd really love to come down, and maybe I'll see if my friend David A. B. wants to come, he used to live there you see ;)