Sunday, June 29, 2008

Moving :-(

Good'ay Mates!
We are leaving pretty soon, today was our last Sunday in the Dural ward. It was very very sad. Our feeling are comparable to what returned missionary's say, Happy to see the family, but heart broken to leave. Today I was released as 1st assistant and it was very sad. We all had to speak in Sacrament meeting, I'm glad there are only four of us here and not all nine, because it went for a long time as it was! I was awarded today My Duty to God Medallion, so It's nice to have that now checked off, next is....mission!! (Fun Fact: As of a week ago, I can now turn in my mission papers! But I think I'll finish High School first, just because its tradition.) After Church we had a "Linger Longer" pronounced "Linga Longa" and that was fun, but it really felt like you were at your own funeral. We have all been overwhelmed with stress this week, some managing it better than others, so its been like Saturday all week. The movers are coming on Monday, July 1st. However, what we discovered today in the car is that Monday July 1st doesn't exist! the 1st is Tuesday! So we have a whole day more than we thought we had which is great, so much pressure is off now! I recommend this strategy for all people with a deadline for something. The weekend has been especially tiring for me: On Friday I ran a 10k in 57 mins (Duty to God requirement), then as I was frantically packing for Monday, I got four hours of sleep, then went and Played in a four hour Basketball Tournament, then I was running around with friends and doing all kinds of things, then last night I got 7 hours of sleep :-) Congrats to the winners of the Picture contest! I think we all kinda won! I'll see if Mom has anytime to do some Blogging but if not, We'll see you soon!

3 comments:

Jacob said...

We are excited to see ya'll soon! I know what you mean about sad to say goodbye,but great to be closer to family! We will be happy to see you. See you soon!

Jacob said...

That was actually not me, it was Carrie pretending to be me. She does that some times. Congrats on the Duty to God award. When you spoke of the stress of moving I tought, wow, their stressed. That just doesn't surprise me. Also, I'm stressed, that shouldn't surprise you. We must be related!

Rebecca said...

Of course they're stressed. It sounds like Dad was in Saturday mode for a week. That's enough to push anyone into stress mode.

I'm thinking of you all!