Sunday, June 29, 2008

This week in Lubbock

I just finished my first summer term. Only one more to go, then fall, spring, and one more summer. Lest I think ahead too much, making it through this fall will be the trick. Carrie and I have a week off between terms for the 4th. We have tons of house projects left to finish. Hopefully we will be able to get them done and we'll get pictures up soon. We got some news about moving back to Provo. The Dean of the Business school at UVU was let go this week. He was our biggest advocate for starting a financial planning program there. We'll have to see what happens in the next few weeks. Carrie and I are still hopefully optimistic.
We have a new Mission President as of tonight. We have invited them over for Korean b.b.q. on Tuesday night with our missionaries. Korean night at the Sybrowsky home has become somewhat of a tradition here in Lubbock, so we have to do it every other transfer. We had 3 non-members at church today. That's great for us. Only two of them made it the entire three hours as we had interesting church talks today. Dan Brown, author of Divinci Code, would have understood every word. The rest of us, unfortunatly, struggled to grasp the spiritual significance. Why do these things have to happen on the one Sunday when we have investigators there!!! Trying to stay positive, I think that one of the two that made it will come back next week.
I think that the picture competition was a great success. We've got some good ones. I have to be honest, Chelsea's picture 'there are no words' of Christian was one of the, if not the best. Carrie and I laugh over that one frequently. There truly are no words to describe it.
Have fun in China you little world travelers! You had better start warming Dad up to the idea that we are all going to have to go to Hawaii and watch 'What about Bob?' for our next family trip. The blog polls have spoken! Be safe and we'll talk to you when you get back.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am overjoyed to learn that I have your vote as the winner of the photo competition. I love that picture of Christian. Jason will kill me when he finds it though haha. You made a pretty good effort yourself!

Jared said...

We know what you mean about odd sacrament meeting. Today we had a lady, at the end of her testamony, you the catholic cross thing. When they say, "In the name of the father, son..." you know. We were lucky though, no investigators today!

Jared said...

Let me clarify: we love investagators! We were lucky because no investagators were confused by the lady about our religion today!

Jacob said...

Thanks for the clarification. I would have honestly prefered the Catholic thing.