Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I first want to thank everyone who made my birthday so special. This was probably my favorite birthday since I got my purple bike in 4th grade! :) Anyway! It was a lot of fun. First, Jacob and I drove and drove and drove and drove. Then, we got in and saw Joel, Shannon, and the goils, including Hope! It was great fun. Then, Jacob took me out to dinner and then we went up to Aspen Grove where many of my siblings and my mom were and Rebecca, Chelsea, Ben (the Murph), Joseph, Shauna, and Jed all came up. The cake from Cold Stone was DELICIOUS and the color scheme was perfect! :) We had a great time. I think that the Sybrowsky's got a new look at the real me--Carrie Potter that is famous for the Forky Porky. After that, we went back down and I got to open a nice present from Jacob, a present from Australia, an opal necklace that is beautiful and that I love. Then, the biggest surprise was the present from Mom and Dad Sybrowsky. They must have been inspired because when I opened the gift, I saw part of the painting, new EXACTLY what it was and I burst into tears. They gave me my favorite painting of Christ at the waters of Bethesda. I couldn't even finish opening it. I was in shock. When we did get it open, I sat and stared at it for a long time thinking, "Is this really my painting?" It was awesome.

Anyway! So this morning Jacob and I left for Idaho to spend the week up here with my parents. It is a great treat. We went to church with them and had a wonderful experience. My parents gave me some of my china and have successfully finished my China set. I am thrilled. Now I just have to figure out where to put it all besides the spare room's closet.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend for a little bit and then seeing everyone at conference. It is always nice to be together! We love you guys and look forward to any time that we will get to have with you!

See you soon!
Carrie

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Thanks to everyone that helped out with Carrie's birthday yesterday. It was great. We could not have asked for anything more. We'll see you again soon.

Chelsea said...

No guys... THANK YOU! The cold stone cake was amazing... thanks to Chelsey, my newest friend and cake expert at cold stone.

Mom said...

Carrie we are very happy that you loved the picture, we're glad you had a great day. Have a happy happy year and lots of fun on your week off in Idaho with your wonderful family. Say hi to them all and our Jacob!

Jared said...

Happy Birthday Carrie! Sorry I'm so late in wishing it to you, but I'm glad you had a great day!! See you soon!