Monday, March 17, 2008

I know how to BLOG!!!!


Hi everyone! Dad and I are finally home....I can't believe it. The visitors and travel all over Australia are finished for the moment. As I write, Elder and Sister Bednar are on the plane heading for Utah. Zack has been so orphaned since Joseph and Shauna left! Oh, by the way, so many people in Perth asked about Joseph and Shauna. One man, whose home you ate at or visited, said to say, "Hi." Also, a new convert to the church, a young man, loved the Sunday School lesson, Joseph, and sends his love and thanks.
Can't wait to see you all in a few days. Tonight for FHE we cleaned the house in preparation for leaving and Zackie showed us how to blog. Oh, by the way, he is receiving his Eagle Scout award at the Edgemont 4th Ward Chapel on March 22nd. The last of six sons to join their Dad in the Eagle's nest! Wow! If all the Browsky boys can be there we can get Doug Martin to take a long-awaited picture. Please let me know. Jacob, I think you might be there. I don't know the time yet but we asked for the ceremony to be as early as possible on Saturday the 22nd. I wonder what the chances are of getting Josh to fly in for the picture!?!?! Better see if you can all squeeze into your scout shirts!
Dad just received a wonderful letter from President Monson. It began, "Dear Paul...." It finished, "Your brother, Thomas S. Monson." There is a lady in Australia that President Monson would love to visit...to minister to....one by one. He has asked Dad to go in his place. You can imagine the honour that is Dad's to go in the place of the prophet of the Lord on the earth at this time. Yet, as you think about it....each time we visit anyone, we do it in the place of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. What an honour.
Well, thanks to all of you for helping Carrie to have a great birthday. Next is Kaytie and then Eliza and Shauna.
Rebecca, we thank you for all you are doing to help in our absence. I hope Garry is still speaking to us! We so look forward to our fireside in your stake in a few days.
Jed and Chelsea we pray for you in obtaining your very important education (as well as Jacob). As you pray for and seek the Spirit of the Lord, It will assist you as you attend class and listen attentively and then as you study at home. It is expected of you to do well as a Sybrowsky and more importantly as a son /daughter of God. We pray for you and wish you well as it is almost April. Oh, by the way, we are inviting Jed and Chelsea to accompany Dad and I (and I think Zack) to fly to New York on March 28th and return early Monday morning the 31st. Please let me know as we are about to get tickets. Dad and I are giving a fireside in Rebecca and Garry's stake on Sunday night the 30th. Saturday will be a fun day.
Big CONGRATULATIONS to Garry for his acceptance into Columbia University in the MBA programme. Well done, Garry!
Must go............this is too long for a BLOG! We send our love to you all. Enjoy the fact that spring is coming in a few days. Be safe and well. We love you, Mom* (Dad has to do his own blog!)

4 comments:

Jared said...

Good Job on your first of many blogs. I think its kind of a funny word for it.

Carrie Sybrowsky said...

Congratulations! I didn't think it was too long. Sometimes they are long, sometimes they are short. We are happy to read anything you put up! I hope you got my thank you card for my birthday gift. I sent it over the e-mail.

Rebecca said...

Mom!!! You know how to BLOG!!!! That's so cool. Congratulations to Jared on his eagle. I'm so sad to miss it. I'd stay so that I could be there, but I'm wondering if Garry is still speaking to me ...

Chelsea said...

Mother - I cannot believe you, you can send e-mail cards, send flowers over the internet, and now BLOG! About the trip to New York, I would love to go, I'm just trying to be aware of classes and I'll need to look into if I have anything due that weekend.